Digital Art Director | Freelance Design Services | User Experience Designer | Digital Marketing Strategist
I have had the privilege to work in diverse, large and small companies, in a wide variety of sectors including for-profit, non-profit, B2B, B2C, pharmaceutical, entertainment, promotions and marketing firms. This experience has given me a wealth of knowledge in many areas including online/interactive design and production, user experience, front end programming, online marketing/acquisition, online marketing strategy development, online content design, web development and production, branding and identity, business development, team building, and project management.
I am a strategically focused professional with a passion for Design, User Experience, Marketing, and Online Business Strategy. I know the importance of bringing all these things together in order to achieve positive results.
Digital Art Director – Web/User Experience Designer – Freelance Digital Designer
Sept 2021 – Present
Associate Creative Director
Boehringer Ingelheim for Cella Inc.
July 2020 – Sept 2021
- Collaborate with marketing teams, and multiple business stakeholders to create engaging user experiences and messages to health care professionals and consumers though a number of channels including web, email, interactive visual aids, presentations and print for the Diabetes family brands.
- Lead ideation/strategic brainstorming meetings leading to monthly presentations to business stakeholders
- Continuous process improvement through identification of areas of opportunity. Partner with appropriate business units to implement process efficiencies
Web and Digital Media Manager
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses
Jan 2017 – July 2020
- UX/UI Design
- Create engaging content to educate prospective customers, generate leads and increase customer loyalty
- Design, manage and maintain multiple B2B and B2C websites
- Lead Digital Design and Branding efforts across all channels
- Manage external design and marketing agencies
- Digital Video/Interactive content creation
- Drive digital media growth with Marketing, Sales and all other lines of businesses
- Liaison with IT team to ensure cyber security compliance
- Manage the integration of new media channels to existing offline media mix
- Landing Page and Email Design
- Evaluate website content for brand/image consistency with other marketing activities and media
- Work closely with Upper Management and Marketing managers to strategize digital lead acquisition techniques
- Monitor and report website Analytics and KPIs
- Plan, coordinate and execute the organization’s electronic communications
- Manage, maintain and enhance Social Media presence
- Advise on, implement and maintain accessibility standards
- Co-Manage and contribute content to company intranet
- Create assets for SEM and Paid digital marketing campaigns
Jan 2016 – 2017 – Freelance/Consulting
CnS Interactive provides clients with professional Design, UX and Marketing services including:
- SEO Compliant Web Design
- UX/UI Design
- Online Marketing Strategy Development
- New business development, team building, project and employee management
- Online Acquisition, asset creation including Banners, Landing Pages, Email and Websites
- Video editing for web
- Digital photography and photo retouching
- Online/print design and production
- Corporate branding/logos
- Multimedia and PPT Presentations for internal communications and external client pitches
- Front end web programming – HTML, CSS, etc.
Associate Art Director/Senior Web Designer
August 2014 -Jan 2016
Crius Energy LLC is one of the largest independent energy retailers in the United States, providing electricity, natural gas and solar products to nearly 800,000 residential and commercial customers.
Crius connects with energy customers through an innovative family-of-brands strategy and multi-channel marketing approach. The result is a broad, well-differentiated platform that minimizes risk while providing customers with unique and customized brand experiences.
- Responsible for Digital Design Vision and User Experience
- Identify offline and online synergies to present a unified brand experience
- Liaison between Marketing, IT and Design Groups
- Product and Corporate branding and identity
- Manage external vendors/agencies on web design projects
- User experience designer for Customer and Associate facing web properties
- Digital marketing/design – Email, Landing Page, social media
- Design and management of Associate/Consumer facing websites
- Project Management
- Strategic digital marketing planning
Creative Director – Digital Marketing Group
January 2013 – July 2014
Cenveo, Inc. (CVO),headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, is a leading global provider of print and related resources, offering world-class solutions in the areas of envelopes, custom labels, specialty packaging, commercial print, publisher solutions and business documents. With a specialty in print supply chain management, we provide a one-stop offering through services ranging from design and content management, to the development/implementation of branded, web-enabled print and direct mail ordering, through warehousing/fulfillment/distribution supported by our ERP/SAP management and reporting system.
Cenveo Publisher Services is one of the world’s largest providers of content management and production services to publishers and provides end-to-end, integrated graphic communications services to professional publishers, not-for-profit societies, and corporations.
Specialties include: Web-to-Print Supply Chain Management Solutions, Publisher and Content Services, Envelopes and Labels, eCommerce Solutions, Digital and Variable Print.
- Working closely with Marketing & Business units to develop successful online marketing strategies
- Working closely with IT units to ensure proper implementation of online campaigns
- Lead a team of designers creating all web collateral
- Website design
- Develop best practices for design, marketing and front end development
- SEO and PPC campaign Support
- Email design and campaign development
- Landing page design/strategy/implementation/testing
- Print collateral
- Project Management
Researched and implemented landing page and testing platforms to allow for speed to market with limited assistance from IT group. Testing platform allowed for A/B and multi-variant testing and lead to significant increases in conversion rates for landing pages. Position was highly deadline driven and required project/people management and multitasking.
Save the Children – USA
Sr. Specialist Web Design and Development
January 2008 – December 2013
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating real and lasting change for children in need in the United States and around the world. It is a member of the International Save the Children Alliance, comprising 28 national Save the Children organizations working in more than 110 countries to ensure the well-being of children.
- Responsible for online design vision
- Creating engaging, credible experience for web users
- Focus on projects with strategic value such as improving conversion for donations and sponsorships, brand stewardship, interactivity and multimedia
- Research, develop and implement new technologies to support fund raising and branding
- Collaborate with marketing specialists to create compelling web creative assets/strategies based on applied testing disciplines
- Develop and document style guides, operational policies and procedures related to design to ensure consistency of online assets (online marketing and web sites)
- Creative team leader working hands on and in collaboration with design and development specialists
October 2000 – July 2007
Vertrue was an integrated marketing services company that gives consumers access to significant discounts and unique services. Consumer-based membership and loyalty programs, as well as proprietary Internet and telephone-based technologies, create multi-channel venues for clients and marketing partners to generate incremental revenue and enhanced loyalty.
As Creative Director for Vertrue I was involved in many aspects of the design of consumer membership programs from strategic marketing and development to the design of promotional materials both online and offline. Job required strong people and project management capabilities, strong design skills, attention to detail, prioritization of multiple jobs and ability to meet short deadlines for client approvals.
Main focus was on Online Marketing and the development of acquisition, retention and conversion strategies and materials such as banners, landing pages and websites. Other responsibilities include creation of multimedia elements for sales and corporate presentations, the development of a company wide corporate intranet in order to facilitate better communication between departments and subsidiaries.
Other responsibilities included developing for SEO efforts and working with all the major portals such as AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc, developing acquisition materials, interactive banners and Landing Pages utilizing Flash, Pointroll, and other multimedia channels. I played a key role in 6 mo task force developed to help research, design, build and market a new business channel in affiliate marketing for Vertrue.
In my role as Creative Director I was required to work closely with all departments and senior management to ensure the highest quality support for all areas of Vertrue’s core business units and subsidiaries.
- Oversight of a team of designers both web and print
- Knowledge of Online and Offline marketing practices
- Knowledge of SEO (Search engine optimization) techniques
- Knowledge of best practices for web design, front-end programming and marketing.
- Communication with internal and external clients, creative agencies, recruiting agencies.
- Creation of Asset Management and Workflow Management tools and processes
- Development of interactive sales presentations both online and offline using Macromedia Flash, PowerPoint, HTML and various other multimedia software.
- Creation of a cohesive corporate image for sales and corporate presentations.
- Creation of cohesive HR training and recruitment materials, web and print based.
- Creation and maintenance of PHP/MySQL database driven intranet used to support ease of access to creative/marketing materials throughout the companies corporate offices
- Development of cohesive internet marketing campaigns including design and development of products, banners and landing pages
- Development of PHP/MySQL based internet application for call center MSRs allowing them to dynamically generate sales scripts for inbound and outbound telemarketing
- Development of PHP/MySQL based internet application for product development division to allow the dynamic compilation of marketing materials(self-mailers) for presentation to current and perspective clients.
- Development of interactive “widgets” for viral online acquisition and retention efforts
- Video editing of corporate/sales videos
- Creating websites and materials to support HR efforts including branded company screen savers and recruiting materials
- Creative department development – hiring/managing of full time and freelance designers
- Research of the newest hardware/software and the most current design trends
- Development/implementation of asset management system (PHP/MySql)
- Development/implementation of corporate communication portal (PHP/MySql)
World Wrestling Federation
New Media Design Director
June 1998 – October 2000
WWE is a sports entertainment company whose core business is professional wrestling with subsidiary companies involved in music, movies, publishing, and other sports related endeavors. As New Media Design Director I played a major role in concept, design, development, and marketing of WWE’s corporate and fan web sites. I was also tasked with building the web design department, which entailed strategic planning, hiring, and purchasing of hardware.
- Management of design team, concept and development of websites
- Research, development and implementation of new technologies.
- Position required close contact with content, business, financial, sales and promotion departments to develop sites, and presentations which met their needs.
- Position required knowledge of and production in many web design packages from design to animation to video.
- Implemented highly interactive broadband web content using cutting edge technologies.
- Knowledge of demographic profiles and interface design was essential to this process.
- Consideration for low bandwidth as well as high bandwidth was also an important focus
- Development of design and management procedures as well as staffing
Ernst & Young, LLP.
Intranet Design Director
June, 1997 – May 1998
Design consultant for 1 year project implementing a large scale SAP Intranet site for Union Carbide.
- Implementation of a large scale Intranet SAP training course for Union Carbide Corp.
- Developed interface and business graphics, photo collages, and workflow diagrams.
- Also responsible for delegation of projects and assignments to other graphics personnel
International Internet Data Services
Creative Director/ Front End Developer
September 1996 – June 1997
Internet startup company which specialized in custom websites for local CT merchants.
- Responsible for all facets of idea development for commercial Internet services firm.Designed and built full-service websites using HTML, Tango Enterprise, Vivo video software and Filemaker Pro.
- Sites included many multimedia features including video capabilities, QuickTime VR, on-line ordering, and chat rooms.
- Determined hardware and software needs and dealt directly with vendors to develop the graphics
- Generated sales leads through contacts throughout the business community.
3 Strikes Custom Design
September 1993 – July 1996
3 Strikes Custom Design is firm which specialized in customized corporate promotional gifts. Items such as T-shirts, Blankets, Hats, Jackets, Towels, and all manner of customizable objects. While at 3 Strikes I built the Graphics Department from the ground up, including purchase and configuration of all computer and software/hardware and hiring of graphics personnel.
Client list included: Nabisco, Seagram’s, Hershey Corp, NBA, Bloomingdales, Anheuser-Busch, and May Co. Department Stores.
- Producing Innovative graphics for Fortune 500 companies
- Created innovative sales presentations, and designed promotional products such as T-Shirts, Flags, Blankets, Beach Towels
- Position was deadline driven, and required me to develop strong organizational skills
6/1993 – Master’s Degree
New York Institute of Technology
Concentration: Communication Arts
Degree Honors: With Distinction Cum GPA 3.9
5/1991 – Bachelor’s Degree
State University of New York at Brockport
Bachelor of Science Studio Art, Concentration: Painting